In the eigth volume in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams visit a selection of Scenic Rim, Qld, cemeteries to unearth some great tales. BUY YOUR COPY NOW.
- The Stinson crash: how bushman Bernard O’Reilly found a missing aircraft with seven people on board when no-one else could.
- The Fassifern Giantess – Augusta Rewald: in the days when ‘freak shows’ were entertainment, a Boonah resident was exhibited nationwide.
- Duty done: a medal no mother wanted to receive – a silver badge for sending multiple sons to war. Sarah Wease of Canungra was a recipient.
- Boy meets bushranger – Christian Schmidt: the boy who inadvertently told the ‘Wild Scotchman’ bushranger when to rob the mail coach.
- Romeo Lahey’s flagpole: the man who gave us the great Scenic Rim National Park had another passion, a flagpole challenge to win.
- The Germans: the war in Europe had repercussions for the Scenic Rim’s large population of German immigrants and especially one German pastor.
- Murder by the Kenniff brothers: the most horrible murders in Qld police history – a constable and a property manager slaughtered by outlaws.
… And 11 more stories in this volume.
Also in the Grave Tales series are: Grave Tales: Melbourne Vol.1; Grave Tales: Brisbane Vol.1; Grave Tales: Great Ocean Road Country – Geelong to Port Fairy; Grave Tales: Bruce Highway; Grave Tales: Sydney Vol.1; Grave Tales: Qld’s Great South West and Grave Tales: True Crime Vol.1
Paperback ISBN: : 978-0-6488360-7-0 | ebook ASIN B0989B4BZ6
Price and availability:
- $25 inc postage in Australia only, if purchased directly from the Grave Tales shop;
- Available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon (postage cost determined by Amazon);
- Also available through all good bookstores at the recommended price of $29.95.
Publication date: released 1 October 2021.
Category: Non-fiction, crime, true crime, Australiana, history, modern history, biography, cold case.
Publisher: Atlas Productions