In the sixth book in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams head south west to unearth some great tales.
- The Toowoomba Terror: the first Queensland-made car built by the Trevethan brothers;
- Gatton: Queensland’s oldest cold case, the murder of the Murphy siblings;
- Ipswich: The Babies of Walloon: young sisters, Bridget Kate and Mary Jane Broderick, immortalised by Henry Lawson in his 1891 poem;
- Nobby: the story of Victor Denton and the March of the Dungarees;
- Goondiwindi: The day that the town helped Albert Einstein;
- St George: Len Waters – Australia’s only WWII Aboriginal fighter pilot who nearly didn’t survive to tell the story;
- Roma: The Utopian Experiment and the families who took part;
- Charleville: The drowning of the Misses Switzer; and the best in the West – Harry Corones;
- Augathella: The strange poisoning case of Mrs Margaret Roche;
… And 9 more in this volume.
Also in the Grave Tales series are books on Grave Tales: Brisbane; Grave Tales: Great Ocean Road Country – Geelong to Port Fairy; Grave Tales: Bruce Highway; Grave Tales: Sydney Vol.1; and Grave Tales: True Crime Vol.1
Paperback ISBN: 978-0-9941822-1-0 | ebook ISBN: 978-0-9941822-6-5
Price and availability:
- $25 inc postage in Australia only, if purchased directly from the Grave Tales shop;
- Available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon (postage cost determined by Amazon);
- Also available through all good bookstores at the recommended price of $29.95.
Publication date: released 1 November 2019.
Category: Non-fiction, crime, true crime, Australiana, history, modern history, biography, cold case.
Publisher: Atlas Productions