We would love to hear from you. Here’s how to reach us:
gravetalesaus [@] gmail.com
To book a talk:
We are pleased to be represented by Speakers Ink (Probus clubs are welcome to contact Chris directly using the email address at the bottom of this page).
We can customise a presentation for you, or we can talk on any of the following topics:
- Great mysteries – the Shark Arm Murder; Richard Ramo’s Temple of Peace; the Pyjama Girl; the Somerton Man; missing journalist Juanita Nielsen; the mystery of Mollie Thompson, etc.
- True crime – The Brownout Strangler Edward Leonski; Poisoner Martha Needle; The Battle of Broken Hill; The Wood family murders; The Great Bookie Robbery; Ticheborne Heirs. Etc.
- Maritime disasters –the sinking of the Loch Ard and the love story that wasn’t – Eva Carmichael and Tom Pearce; the dramatic sinking of the La Bella.
- Heroes –WWI Gallipoli sniper Billy Sing; boxer, Peter Jackson who was denied a chance at the world title because he was black; William Ferrier, rescuer of the La Bella sailors, etc.
- Was Jack the Ripper buried in Toowong Cemetery?
- Great characters – Ben Lexcen, Australian designer; Charles Brownlow the man the AFL award is named after; Sgt Henry Buchanan, stretcher bearer; Louis Bandt, the man who designed the Ute; Dick the Bushranger, whose headstone asks, ‘Did he do it?’; trail blazer Inigo Jones, the weatherman. Etc.
- On the road – How we got the Great Ocean Road; Louis Bandt, the man who designed the Ute; Phil Garlick – racing car driver killed on track, etc.
- Sporting heroes – Peter Jackson who was denied a chance at the world title because he was black; Ben Lexcen, Australian designer; Charles Brownlow the man the award is named after; etc.
- The feminine touch – Rose and Cecelia – two nurses who gave their lives to save a town from plague; Qld’s only hanged woman Ellen Thomson; Actress Maggie Oliver, domestic violence victim; Suffragette Emma Miller; and Suburban warrior journalist Juanita Neilsen, etc.
- Writing workshop: the challenges of writing, researching and marketing non-fiction.
To book us, please contact Speakers Ink:
E-mail: info [@] speakers-ink.com.au
Phone: 07 3040 8465.